doodles art tips

Learn to Doodle Step By Step! 11 Simple Doodles click here for more information

Are you ready to take your bullet journal to the next level? Give these simple planner doodles a try. Each one requires just 3 easy steps and a bit of confidence.


STEP BY STEP SIMPLE DOODLES

Long ago, when I first started bullet journaling, doodling intimidated me. The doodles looked simple enough, but as soon as I was grasping the pen with the intention of putting it to paper, I freaked out.

My doodles will never look as good as the ones I see on Pinterest. That was my thought process. And it took me a while to feel confident and flip to a fresh page without doubting myself. But, what I’ve learned over the last few years is that much like long division, doodles can be broken down into simple doable steps.

On a daily basis, I email, chat, and talk to people who truly believe they are incapable of doodling. It breaks my heart because doodling has been therapeutic for me. It has given me the opportunity to express myself in a creative way, and I can make it my own. It’s relaxing and the end result always makes me smile. I think everyone deserves the chance to feel that joy.

So, in this post, I want to share 11 simple planner doodles that can be drawn in just 3 easy to follow steps. And also, I’m going to share my top doodling tips and recommendations to help you start off on the right foot. By the end of this post, I hope you will feel confident enough to try these simple doodles in your own bullet journal and even try to come up with a few of your own.

DOODLING TIPS

  1. Before you start, you need to warm up. Just like exercise, you have to warm up the muscles you will be using to doodle. The best way to do this is to pull out a blank piece of paper, set a timer for 10-minutes, and start free doodling. Don’t overthink it or set any expectations during this time; just draw. Draw shapes, words, symbols, etc., and don’t put your pen down for those 10-minutes.
  2. See things as basic shapes. This takes a little practice. But, when you look at something you want to draw, try to lose the details and see just the basic shapes. A book is rectangular. A flower is circular, and the stem is just two parallel lines. An ice cream cone is an upside-down triangle with a circle on top. Start with these basic shapes and then refine from there.
  3. Use a variety of thickness in your lines. When you are first starting out, you may not have a lot of different pens to choose from. But as you expand your pen collection, you will have a variety of nib sizes to choose from. Use different nib sizes to create variety and add interest to your lines. My personal preference is to go for a thicker outline and smaller, finer details inside.
  4. Find your happy place. This could be your desk with a cup of coffee, cuddled up on your bed or couch listening to your favorite music with your headphones on, or sitting on the floor in your living room. But, finding your happy place plays a big part in your doodling success. You will find that when you are relaxed and truly enjoying your time, your doodles come out cleaner and your creativity will be fluid.
  5. There is no right or wrong way. The way I draw a purse and the way you draw a purse may be completely different. But that doesn’t make either one right or wrong. You will find your own style as you practice. Let it happen and don’t try to force your doodles to look like someone elses. The best way to do this is to pick one subject and doodle it as many different ways as you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

doodles art tips

water colour technics